Nicole D. Hendrickson specializes in representing healthcare providers before their respective boards and agencies, including the Medical Board, Osteopathic and Podiatric Medical Board, Boards of Registered Nursing, Pharmacy, Psychology, Behavioral Sciences, and Chiropractic Examiners. Ms. Hendrickson handles all aspects of administrative disciplinary matters, including denial of a license application, board and agency complaints, investigations, hearings, and writ appeals.
Over the years, Ms. Hendrickson has successfully settled and tried numerous administrative cases. Examples of these matters include:
- Represented a PA in a Petition to Revoke Probation alleging repeated negligent acts, failure to maintain adequate and accurate records, and violation of probation condition. Following a 7-day hearing before the PA Board, all charges were dismissed.
- Represented a MD in an Accusation alleging repeated negligent acts, failure to maintain adequate and accurate records, and general unprofessional conduct. After presenting defense evidence, Accusation formally withdrawn.
- Represented a MD in a Petition for Early Termination of Probation after license placed on 5 years’ probation in 2017 for using alcoholic beverages to the extent or in such a manner as to be dangerous and injurious to licensee and to the public. After ½-day hearing before MBC, petition granted, and probation ended July 2020.
- Represented a chiropractor in a Citation Appeal involving allegations of improper chiropractic records, failure to obtain informed consent, and failure to properly file address of business and display of license. After ½ day conference with BCE, the citation was withdrawn.
- Represented a MD in an Accusation alleging 32 acts of gross negligence/simple negligence and failure to maintain adequate and accurate records. After a 5-day hearing, Proposed Decision issued dismissing all allegations. MBC overturned proposed decision ordering 3-years’ probation. Writ of Administrative Mandate filed. Stay of probation issued by the Third District Court of Appeals.
- Represented a MD in an Accusation involving eight patients and 16 causes for discipline arising out of allegations of inappropriate opiate prescribing, failure to closely monitor controlled substances, gross negligence, repeated negligent acts, and failure to adequately document records. After a ½ day bifurcated hearing, multiple allegations and patients dismissed for failure of the MBC to meet the statute of limitations.
- Represented an MD in an appeal of CIGNA Termination of Participating Provider Agreement, which arose out of a MBC Accusation involving four patients and allegations of gross negligence, over-prescribing narcotics, repeated negligent acts, and record-keeping violations. MBC matter resulted in a stipulated Letter of Public Reprimand. After ½ day hearing, CIGNA withdrew its termination.
Ms. Hendrickson was elected in 2021 to serve as Secretary on the Board for the California Academy of Attorneys for Health Care Professionals (CAAHCP), an organization dedicated to representing health care providers and hospital medical staffs in administrative law matters, including licensing, peer review, and other regulatory issues.
Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, CA
J.D. – 2007
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
B.S. Psychology, minor Sociology – 2002